Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Savory Thursday Plus a Item Spotlight!

Hey, guys! CoolCat here with another post! I'm really sorry I didn't do my savory post on Tuesday. After this post I will be back to posting on Tuesday for my savory posts and Thursday for my item spotlight post. This week's savory recipe is going to be CoolCat's Famous Chili! This recipe came from my Nana and when I started to really love to cook I started to tweak it. Here's what you need to make it!

1 large bottle of Ragu Spaghetti Sauce.

4 cans of Dark Red Kidney Beans.

4 cans of Diced tomatoes. We use the Garlic basil and oregano diced tomatoes.

2 small cans of tomato paste.

1-2 packages of chili seasoning. If we use one large bottle of spaghetti sauce and a small jar we will use two packages.

Black pepper.

Garlic powder.

Onion powder.

Olive oil.

1 package of extra lean ground turkey. You can use any meat you want. We use turkey because my mom only eats chicken breast and turkey. If you are to use different meats ground beef and Italian sausage work wonderful together for a recipe like this.

1 box of crackers *optional*

1 container of sour cream *optional*

1 small block of extra sharp cheddar cheese. *optional*

1 box of garlic bread *optional*

Here's how to make it!

First you want to brown your meat. I suggest browning it in the same pot you will later use for your chili. Why? Because when you season the meat all the flavor that's in the pot will go right back to your chili.

Once you have your pot out pour in about a cap full of olive oil and turn the pot up on medium heat. When the pot is hot put in your meat. Then season it with your black pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. I suggest seasoning it to your personal liking. Then ground the meat up with your spatula and brown until cooked.

Then when the meat is brown and cooked pour in your spaghetti sauce, kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, and chili seasoning. Then you just simmer until hot. While it simmers you can also get ready your chili fixings and cook your garlic bread. You can use other fixings to such as diced onions, or diced jalapenos!

 My item spotlight for this week is going to be Ragu's Spaghetti sauce! It's a wonderful brand my family has been using for years.

Until next time, bye everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not include ANY personal information, ALWAYS use kind words, NEVER EVER use any language. I moderate every comment and if you break any of these commenting rules I will not permit your comment on Bake and Cook Weekly or ANY of my blogs if it breaks these rules.